Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weight Loss Competition: 11 down, 29 to go

I am right on schedule. The past three weeks I've been losing an average of 2lbs per week, so I'm down to -11lbs of my original weigh in. I'm pretty sure I'm beating my mom, although she hasn't been updating me on her losses.

I am finding this to be surprisingly easy, unlike any previous attempts by me to lose weight. What I have done is limited my daily caloric intake to 1700-2000Calories per day (some days are more, very few are less than 1700 and even then not by much). I try to eat a balanced diet, but I really don't care about balance just yet. The calorie restriction is enough so far. It gives me a 500-700 caloric deficit per day, which means I have a net calorie deficit of 3500-4900 per week, which is a little over a pound in fat per week. As long as you watch calories, you can eat anything you want (or so I have found). Yesterday I even had my favorite fast food: Taco Bell. But what has really helped me is frozen strawberries. One pound of frozen strawberries is about 150 calories. Plus they get me cold, which my body fights by increasing my core temp a little which should require burning some calories (every little bit counts).

Combine that with my resistance training (light weights/body weight) and I'm averaging 2lbs per week. I am feeling so much better than I was 5 weeks ago, although I have been sleeping more (my schedule permits).

No comments: